P.O. Box 187
Wilmette, IL 60091-0187
CLICK HERE to email me
Mostly I feature fine United
States and worldwide stamps and postal history to about 1940. I also
provide album page typesetting and philatelic counseling for collectors.
— Tom Kendall
THE FINE PRINT ON TRANSACTIONS
RETURN, SHIPPING AND CERTIFICATION POLICIES
I send you a printed copy of these policies with each shipment.
UNCONDITIONAL 14 DAY RETURN POLICY
Except for books, scores, software and other copiable merchandise, and items I sell as “as is,” I offer an unconditional return privilege, for whatever reason. Please notify me by email within 14 days of shipping. Note: this is not 14 days within receipt! Please return items in exactly the same condition as shipped. I will refund your full purchase price exclusive of shipping (unless it’s my mistake, of course).
WHY FREE INSURANCE?
I've purchased a shipping insurance rider on my general business insurance. While expensive, it saves me from standing in post office lines for hours and hours. And no more standing in post office lines for you, either! My insurance also covers shipments to most foreign countries, a feature not available from the Post Office. There are some exceptions, and foreign customers have to pay airmail or registered airmail postage, but at least I can give you free insurance.
CERTIFICATION OF PHILATELIC ITEMS
If you want, you can get
certification for any item you’ve purchased from me. However, please
note the following conditions:
2. Please do not send for certification any item I sell “as is” or I've described as having any flaws and/or faults.
3. Please notify me within 14 days of mailing that you’re getting an item certified! I need to know this because of the long delays involved in certification and because some of the items I sell are on consignment. I then segregate the funds until we know the outcome.
4. Generally I require that you obtain certification from an appropriate nationally or internationally recognized expert or committee appropriate for the stamp or cover. Acceptable certifying bodies include the Philatelic Foundation, the American Philatelic Society, the Royal Philatelic Society, Peter Holcombe in Switzerland, etc. I won't accept PSE certificates because of the constant delays and communication problems I've had with them over the years.
5. In the case of an adverse opinion, I will refund your purchase price plus the cost of certification up to $50.00, exclusive of shipping.
5. “Declined opinion,” “no opinion” or similar certification is not grounds for return of an item. Grading of stamps and covers is still a highly subjective process; consequently, disagreement of PSE “grade” also is not grounds for return.
6. I will not accept return of any item marked in any way or encased in plastic (“slabbed”) by an expertizer or expertizing body. (Consigned items marked or encased cannot be returned to the consignor in the same condition as when consigned, so consignors are within their rights to consider the item sold.)